Call for Papers
0x0D SEC-T online event 2020
|The SEC-T Organizers are proud to announce an attempt at making an alternative, online happening in stead of the normal SEC-T conference for 2020.
This Call for Papers is about presenting a pre-recorded talk that will be aired during our live event in September and being available for a live interview in our stream.
What and When
SEC-T is an non-profit, English speaking, two day, single track information security conference taking place in late summer every year in Stockholm, Sweden. At SEC-T we focus on providing our audience with high quality talks and in depth “QnA” with speakers. SEC-T is a conference where you can feel safe from sales pitches and marketing presentations as we have a large focus on our speakers research and first person accounts.
The speaker slots on our schedule are between 30 and 45 minutes and the interview after is 15 minutes.
The SEC-T conference is divided into three separate parts; the SEC-T2ion, the Community Night event, and the SEC-T conference:
- The SEC-T2ion [Di-sec-tion], are our in-depth training sessions taking place on the 15-16:th of September.
- The Community Event event is a free event intended to be inclusive of students and non-ticket holders, taking place between noon and 9pm of the 16:th of September.
- The SEC-T conference is the main conference taking place on the 17-18:th of September.
All events take place at the venue; Münchenbryggeriet in Stockholm, Sweden.
For more information on our events, the organization and our mission statement read https://www.sec-t.org/about/
What content do we like
We are a single track conference that has focuses on highly technical content in a multitude of fields of computer security. Since we are a single track conference talk slots are limited and we are therefore not likely to feature several talks covering the same subject.
Some of our most popular subjects in the past has included Attack investigations, Malware reverse engineering, Radio attacks, cryptography as well as System specific hacking techniques and other security related fun topics.
We do rate premiere talks higher than talks that have previously already been presented somewhere else. So if you have already made this presentation, please add some content to it to make it unique if you can.
Due to this new format with streaming you have the option of remaining completely anonymous in your presentation. This does not mean we are able to publish any content as YouTube still has some restrictions, but we can provide services like bluring or removing your face and are willing to even try distorting your voice should you wish.
What we need
To be considered for a speaker slot at SEC-T you need to send an email to [email protected] providing us with the following information
- Contact information for you and any joint speaker you require for your presentation. (email, phone, twitter and “preferred name” when referencing you in announcements and schedule.)
- The Talk Title please name your talk as this will make it easier to reference it.
- A short description (<6 sentences) of who you are (bio) that we are permitted to publish in case of your acceptance.
- A short description (<6 sentences) of your content that we are permitted to publish in case of your acceptance
- A longer description of your content for our understanding of your research material and presentation format for our consideration. This could contain any papers, articles or presentation material you have created that will help us understand your content.
- References<, if any, to other talks you have given, articles published or videos of previous presentations for our consideration.
- The extimated length of your talk.
- Has this presentation been given before somewhere?
- Any technical assistance you believe you need in order to record your talk or be available for an interview.
All material must be presented to us and our audience in English.
What you receive
As an accepted speaker you will receive an honorary of 10.000SEK (approximately 1000€) per talk that we air.
The submission deadlines are:
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: August 15:th.
All official communication between speakers and the SEC-T organizers will be handled through the [email protected].
Once you are accepted as a speaker, travel and accommodations will be handled by one of the organizers.