Call for Papers
2023 SEC-T CFP is OPEN
|The SEC-T Organizers are proud to announce a big conference for 2023.
This Call for Papers is about presenting a talk at our conference in September.
What and When
SEC-T is an non-profit, English speaking, two day, single track information security conference taking place in late summer every year in Stockholm, Sweden. At SEC-T we focus on providing our audience with high quality talks and in depth “QnA” with speakers. SEC-T is a conference where you can feel safe from sales pitches and marketing presentations as we have a large focus on our speakers’ research and first person accounts.
The speaker slots on our schedule are 45 minutes including a QnA.
The SEC-T conference is divided into three separate parts; the SEC-T2ion, the Community Night event, and the SEC-T conference:
- The SEC-T2ion [Di-sec-tion], are our in-depth training sessions taking place on the 11-13:th of September.
- The SEC-T Community Event is on the 13:th of September
- The SEC-T conference is the main conference taking place on the 14-15:th of September.
All events take place at the venue; Münchenbryggeriet in Stockholm, Sweden.
For more information on our events, the organization and our mission statement read https://www.sec-t.org/about/
What content do we like
We are a single track conference that has focus on highly technical content in a multitude of fields of computer security. Since we are a single track conference, talk slots are limited and we are therefore not likely to feature several talks covering the same subject.
Some of our most popular subjects in the past have included Attack investigations, Malware reverse engineering, Radio attacks, cryptography as well as System specific hacking techniques and other security related fun topics.
We do rate premiere talks higher than talks that have previously already been presented somewhere else. So if you have already made this presentation, please add some content to it to make it unique if you can.
We will be open to having some talk be given live via remote video feed if this would be the only way you could give it. Please let us know if this is interesting for you.
What we need
To be considered for a speaker slot at SEC-T you need to send an email to [email protected] providing us with the following information
- Contact information for you and any joint speaker you require for your presentation. (email, phone, twitter and “preferred name” when referencing you in announcements and schedule.)
- Country you would be traveling from (and if you think you need a VISA for traveling)
- The Talk Title please name your talk as this will make it easier to reference it.
- A short description (<6 sentences) of who you are (bio) that we are permitted to publish in case of your acceptance.
- A short description (<6 sentences) of your content that we are permitted to publish in case of your acceptance
- A longer description of your content for our understanding of your research material and presentation format for our consideration. This could contain any papers, articles or presentation material you have created that will help us understand your content.
- References, if any, to other talks you have given, articles published or videos of previous presentations for our consideration.
- The estimated length of your talk.
- Has this presentation been given before somewhere?
- Would you be interested in presenting at the Community Event?
- Can we record/stream your talk?
- Any material you need from us on stage (apart from a microphone and a place to plug in your laptop).
All material must be presented to us and our audience in English.
What you receive
Travel and accommodation of course. Food during the event.
As an accepted speaker you will receive an honorary of 10.000 SEK (or 1000 €uro or 1000 USD) if the talk is performed on Thursday or Friday. (Since Community Event is free admission for attendees we do not pay speakers for performances on the Wednesday.)
The submission deadlines are:
- FIRST SUBMISSION DEADLINE July 1:st
- FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: August 1:st.
We will per tradition accept about half of the talks prior to the deadline so sending in your submission early does increase your chances of being selected.
What about disease/lockdowns/travel restrictions
We are however counting on that we can put on a regular SEC-T conference the same size as last year (1200 attendees).
We of course cannot know if there will be travel restrictions anywhere in the world in September, but we will do anything we need to to make it work from our end. Our speakers also do not have to risk anything in the case they cannot travel. However, all talks will have speakers present on stage during the event, no virtual/skype talks.
All official communication between speakers and the SEC-T organizers will be handled through the [email protected].
Once you are accepted as a speaker, travel and accommodations will be handled by our organizers.