Call for Teachers
SEC-T2ion 2017 CFP is OPEN
The SEC-T Organizer team is proud to announce the start of the 2017 call for papers for the first annual SEC-T2ion workshop training event in Stockholm, Sweden.
This Call for Papers extends to teachers of one day or two day workshops that would like to organize classes in conjunction with the annual SEC-T information security conference.
What and When
SEC-T is an non-profit, English speaking, two day, single track information security conference taking place in late summer every year in Stockholm, Sweden. At SEC-T we focus on providing our audience with high quality talks and in depth “QnA” with speakers. SEC-T is a conference where you can feel safe from sales pitches and marketing presentations as we have a large focus on our speakers research and first person accounts.
The SEC-T conference is divided into three separate parts; the SEC-T2ion, the Community Night event, and the SEC-T conference:
- The SEC-T2ion [Di-sec-tion], are our in-depth workshop training sessions taking place on the 12-13:th of September.
- The Community Night event is a free event intended to be inclusive of students and non-ticket holders, taking place on the evening of the 13:th of September.
- The SEC-T conference is the main conference taking place on the 14-15:th of September.
All events take place at the venue Anrika Nalen in Stockholm, Sweden.
The SEC-T2ion workshops can span over one or two days and we can handle no more than three simultaneous workshops. In the event of two one-day workshops being accepted these will be bundled to the students as one two day workshop on two different topics.
Classes will have an enrollment of no less than four and no more than eight students and students will be required to have or state their prerequisite skills in accordance with your wishes.
As this is the first year we decided to organize SEC-T2ion there are undoubtedly some kinks to be ironed out and we are expecting a learning curve. Therefore a lot of collaboration between teachers and organizers are likely required.
For more information on our events, the organization and our mission statement see www.sec-t.org
What we need
To be considered for a speaker slot at SEC-T you need to send an email to [email protected] providing us with the following information:
- Contact information for you and any joint speaker you require for your presentation. (email, phone, twitter and “preferred name” when referencing you in announcements and schedule.)
- A short description (<6 sentences) of who you are (bio) that we are permitted to publish in case of your acceptance.
- A short description (<6 sentences) of your content that we are permitted to publish in case of your acceptance
- A longer description of your content for our understanding of your research material and presentation format for our consideration. This could contain any papers, articles or education material you have created that will help us understand your content.
- References, if any, to this or other workshops you have taught including articles and reviews written about these..
- The location you would be traveling from.
- Technical requirements for holding your classes.
- The preferred length of your workshop class (One or Two days)
- Are you also planning on applying as a speaker for the conference?
All material must be presented to us in English.
Please put: “SEC-T2ion class proposal” as your email subject.
What you receive
As an accepted teacher you will of course always be provided with any required travel between your location and the venue as well as accommodations during the SEC-T2ion (12-13:th of September). You will also have food and drinks included for the duration of your stay.
Teachers will be reimbursed with a fixed amount per student above the minimum enrollment amount. More detailed discussions and planning regarding payments will be done on a per teacher basis.
The submission deadlines are:
- First acception round of SEC-T2ion class submissions will start on March 1:st
- Second acception round of SEC-T2ion class submissions will start on April 1:st
In order to ensure a full class enrollment early submissions can be accepted before March 1:st so send us material at your earliest convenience.
All official communication between speakers and the SEC-T organizers will be handled through the [email protected]
Once you are accepted as a speaker, travel and accommodations will be handled by one of the organizers.